Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Regenerated

Friday, 30th of September. Surprisingly I was regenerated next morning. Cycling was nice and easy, it was once again hot, but after the first maybe 20 kilometres on a high traffic road my route leaded me through some lovely forests. I was really amazed. And I didn't browbeat myself and just didn't thought about how far to go this day. Of course it took me a while to find my route although Laigneville is really small, but the French signing is still mad sometimes – you have to follow the guiding to a place which is somehow in your direction but definitely wrong and if you are lucky the place where you want to go is signed at the next junction. I have no idea how someone should know, to me it's trial and error, although there seem to be rules for this lack of logic.

This day I crossed three maps. In Villers-CotterĂȘts after around 60 kilometres I called Antoine that I would arrive this day and not have an extra break in a hotel as I had warned him the day before. Once again the people in a tourist information where so friendly to let me use their phone.

In the end it was a 145 kilometres stage, so it was naturally night cycling. I had no idea where in Reims Antoine would live, so I started to ask people about his street from the moment I saw the first town sign, and once again I was lucky and one cyclist guided me – sometimes the missing knowledge of foreign languages is useful because it causes more practical help.

1 comment:

  1. In Suedamerika verwendet man uebrigens auch diese Kuesschen, in Paraguay zwei und in Brasilien und Argentinien eins. Oder man begruesst sich ganz cool mit Handschlag oder einfach nur mit dem Daumen-hoch-Zeichen. Allerdings fand ich es gar nicht so schwierig, bis zu einer richtigen Umarmung zu kommen, kommt wohl doch auf die Kultur an.

    ReplyDelete