Fair Trade Town just means the town must meet these five criteria (taken from Wikipedia):
- Local council passes a resolution supporting Fairtrade, and agrees to serve Fairtrade tea and coffee at its meetings and in its offices and canteens.
- A range of (at least two) Fairtrade products is readily available in the area’s shops and local cafés/catering establishments.
- Fairtrade products are used by a number of local work places (estate agents, hairdressers etc) and community organisations (churches, schools etc)
- Attract media coverage and popular support for the campaign.
- A local Fairtrade steering group is convened to ensure continued commitment to its Fairtrade Town status.